December 11, 2023
December 18, 2023
Day 1 / Start of the Air-Cruise
Arrive in Punta Arenas, Chile, before 2 PM, where you are welcomed by Antarctica21 staff and transferred to your hotel. In the afternoon, you are welcomed at Explorers House to attend a mandatory briefing that provides important information about your air-cruise and reviews the essential guidelines for Antarctic visitors. Later, gather for a welcome dinner and meet your fellow adventurers while enjoying a typical regional menu.
Day 2 / Scheduled flight to Antarctica
Your Antarctic adventure begins with a two-hour flight from Punta Arenas to King George Island, in the South Shetland Islands. As you exit the airplane, the clear Antarctic air fills your lungs for the first time. You then walk 2-km (1.25-miles), passing Chile’s Frei Station and Russia’s Bellingshausen Station to reach the shore and board a Zodiac that will take you to your boutique expedition vessel.
Day 3-6 / Exploring Antarctica
Cruise between the South Shetland Islands and the western coast of the Antarctic Peninsula, sailing along ice-filled fjords and among spectacular icebergs, while enjoying the company of seabirds, penguins, seals, and whales. Each day disembark by Zodiac and explore the landscape together with expert polar guides. On board the ship, attend an engaging program of educational presentations, and enjoy spectacular views from the lounge while sharing your daily adventures with fellow guests.
No journey is the same and flexibility is the key to success in Antarctica. The Expedition Team plans the voyage route to take advantage of the ever-changing opportunities provided by nature, crafting a unique and extraordinary experience every time. While the exact itinerary changes with each expedition, you will explore several sites that offer the best possible overview of the varied Antarctic environment. Your voyage may include visits to sites in the South Shetland Islands, the Antarctic Sound, the Gerlache Strait, and the Penola Strait.
Day 7 / Scheduled return flight from Antarctica
Return to King George Island and bid farewell to Antarctica before boarding the flight back to Punta Arenas. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel for the night. (Note: Meals in Punta Arenas are at your leisure and not included in the program).
Day 8 / End of the Air-Cruise
After breakfast, transfer to the Punta Arenas airport for your onward flight.
Included in the Rate:
• For air-cruises starting in Punta Arenas, group transfers airport/hotel on Day 1.
• For air-cruises starting in Punta Arenas, one overnight with breakfast in Punta Arenas at the Cabo de Hornos Hotel or similar, with a welcome dinner including drinks on Day 1.
• 1 overnight with breakfast in Punta Arenas at the Cabo de Hornos Hotel or similar on the Day of the Scheduled Return Flight from Antarctica.
• For air-cruises starting in Punta Arenas, enjoy special access to Explorers House.
• Group transfers airport/hotel on the Day of the Scheduled Return Flight from Antarctica, and group transfers hotel/airport on the last day of the air-cruise.
• Flight from Punta Arenas to Frei Station on King George Island and/or vice versa as indicated in the program corresponding to each voyage.
• Ship cruise as indicated in the program corresponding to each voyage.
• Daily buffet breakfast and lunch on board ship offering a wide choice of dishes.
• Daily served dinner on board ship offering a choice of three main courses.
• Wine, beer, juice, and soft drinks served with lunch and dinner on board.
• Coffee, tea, chocolate, cappuccino, water, and snacks on board ship throughout the expedition.
• All guided shore excursions.
• Lectures and entertainment on board.
• Comprehensive pre- and post-voyage information material.
• Loan of waterproof boots for landing in Antarctica.
• IAATO passenger fee.
Not Included in the Rate:
Anything that is not specifically listed under the “Included in the Rate” section. For example:
• Accommodation, meals, excursions, and transfers other than those included in the itinerary and the Contingency Plan corresponding to each voyage. Specifically, dinner in Punta Arenas upon return from Antarctica is not included.
• Beverages purchased at the ship’s bar.
• Internet connection on board the ship.
• Personal travel insurance.
• Extra expenses (communication, laundry, souvenirs, etc.).
• Visas for Chile and/or Argentina, passport expenses, and any arrival and/or departure tax, if applicable.
Classic Antarctica Air-Cruise 2023
You can pay by simply choosing PayPal at checkout
Do you have questions?
Call us right now to get your questions answered.
- Booking Code: 1932
- Availability: Available for Booking